How to prepare for the surgery
1 month before the surgery
• Stop taking vitamins and food supplements.
• Stop contraceptive pills
• Don’t use any blood thinning medication like Aspirine®, Coraspine®
• Reduce your smoking and drinking to a minimum
• Try to stick with a healthy, balanced diet to prepare your body for the surgery.
2 weeks before the surgery
• Quit smoking and drinking
• If you are going to have a Rhinoplasty and have nose-fillers, get them dissolved now.
1 week before the surgery
• Stop drinking herbal or green teas
• Take off your piercings if they are located on the surgery area.
• Don’t use any fake tan creams, don’t expose the surgery area to the sun.
• Stop smoking and drinking completely
• Take a shower before you come to the hospital (you will not be able to take showers for 4 days)
• Take off all metals from your body (piercings, jewelry-accessories, hair extensions etc)
• Take off your eyelashes
• Remove nail polish / gel nails.
• Don’t wear any makeup
• You will have to start fasting 8 hours before the surgery, also don’t drink water or don’t use chewing gums.